Hi guys !<3
Todays post will be about my skincare regimen. I have a combination/oily skin so this post is aimed at people with the same skin type, as I don’t think it will benefit people with dry skin…
- Every morning I wash my face with No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser designed for Normal/Oily skin. This face wash is meant to dissolve make-up and impurities whilst helping to tighten your pores. I really like that cleanser as it leaves my skin baby smooth and its also soap free & hypoallergenic. It is one of my favourite foaming cleansers as it doesn’t break me out,and controls the shine in my T-zone. I always wash my face with warm water as different temperatures (hot,cold) can irritate your skin.When I’m done cleaning it, I gently pat dry it with a towel.
- Next I clean my face with a toner. I spray the mist on my face and gently press it into my skin. The toner that I’m currently using is Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner which is designed again, for oily/sensitive skin. It is meant to calm,balance and tone your skin,and it really does it to my face . What I love about this toner is the rosey smell, the fact that its 100% natural and organic ,free from paragons & silicones and most important NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS. How not to love this baby !!<3
- After I’m done with cleaning my face,I usually apply a cream or primer, depending if I’m applying my make up right after. At the moment I do not have my favourite cream so I just use Garnier Moisture Matte Combination/Oily Skin Moisturiser. It works fine with my skin but I wouldn’t call it something exceptional…
Myth: Warm water doesn’t open up your pores, it only makes them swell which makes them look open. Wash your face with warm water to prevent skin irritation, don’t worry about the pores which are not temperature sensitive.
- In the evening I normally have to remove my make up,so I start my routine by cleansing my face with Garner Simply Essentials Soothing 2 in 1 make-up remover. I really love that product ,as it literally removes every little piece of make-up off my face. It feels quiet oily when you apply it, but it doesn’t make my skin shiny or break me out,as it is suitable for sensitive skin. It doesn’t contain any perfume or alcohol instead it contains a plant extract and pro-vitamin B5. I really cant fault this make-up remover as its cheap and does its job well, and since I found it in Tesco’s I use it every night to remove my make up.
- After removing my make up I wash my face with No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser then use Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner as described in my morning routine. Then apply Garnier Moisture Matte Moisturiser
There isn’t really much difference between my morning and evening routines as you guys can see. Sometimes I switch up products and instead of toner I use Witch Hazel or Aveno foaming face wash which are amazing for my skin. And thats how it goes…
It is important to have a skin care routine, and since I started doing all these things,I don’t even get occasional 2-3 spots, that I used to get before my period. My skin has been really good and I regret I didn’t start it sooner. Before I’ve found the products that work for me, I went through a lot of fails,skin reactions,allergies etc. So please make sure you read up on the skin care stuff that you are looking to use, and if it doesn’t work for you , don’t give up ! Somewhere out there,on a shelf, there is a product that will do wonders on your skin. Also expensive doesn’t always mean good, so don’t be afraid to try drugstore products. A lot of them are just as good for your skin as high end stuff …
I hope you enjoyed reading my post,and please let me know your thoughts xx
Love JJ ❤ xx